CREATING A DAIRY IN THE
LAS VEGAS DESERT
ALL IN THE FAMILY
The families of both Kenny Searles & Glen Coon still
own and operate the dairy today, making Anderson Dairy
one of the oldest family-owned businesses in Las Vegas.
A GLIMPSE INTO THE PAST...
Anderson Dairy 801 Searles Ave. 1950's
From left: Glen Coon, James Cashman Sr. and Kenny Searles.
"James Cashman Sr. turns over the keys to Kenny Searles for two new Opal automobiles used by Anderson Dairy for their sales department."
Photo and Caption from Las Vegas Sun Magazine March 20, 1983.
Kenny Searles, along with his son Kenny Jr., help break ground as construction begins at the dairy's future plant site on Searles Ave.
1950's Plant workers
Anderson Dairy 801 Searles Ave.
Anderson Dairy's former location on the corner of Hoover & 5th Street
To help with the gasoline shortage during WWII, Anderson Dairy removed the engines and put horses back to work pulling our trucks. Circa 1945.
Harry Anderson's original farm was located on what is now W. Charleston Blvd. & Rancho, near UMC Hospital.
Anderson Dairy Ice Cream Parlor 1950's
Milk delivered straight to your door!
Milk machine 1950's
Dorothy Coon & Mark Bellanger 1959
Karyn Bellanger, Scott Boman, Damon Bellanger & Mark Bellanger enjoying fresh ice cream at Anderson Dairy's Ice Cream Shop 1964
Harry Anderson started with a small herd of 10-15 cows.
Las Vegas Circa 1905
Before refrigeration, Anderson Dairy delivered to homes and businesses twice a day to ensure milk was always fresh.