Due to health concerns, we have temporarily suspended our Barnyard Buddies Tour. We are excited to invite everyone again soon.
Creamy cheddar cheese soup
- 4 tablespoons Andersons Salted Butter
- ½ cup sifted Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Andersons milk, heated
- 2 cups half-and-half or reduced-fat chicken broth, heated
- 1½ cups Sharp Cheddar, diced
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- Crumbled bacon or chopped hard-boiled egg for garnish (optional)
How to make it
butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Gradually stir in flour, making smooth paste. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
in hot milk, cream or chicken broth and mustard; continue stirring until soup thickens and comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and add cheese.Stir just until cheese is melted.
with salt and pepper. Served topped with crumbled bacon or chopped egg if desired.
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket